Legal Counsel MilDef Helsingborg
MilDef Group AB
Your future challenge
Do you want to be part of the development of MilDef's legal department into an internal full-service function with high integrity that really makes a difference to the company's business?
As Legal Counsel in MilDef Group you support our organization with global legal advice and services. You are pragmatic and business-oriented without sacrificing legal compliance and accuracy. Your work will include to identify and implement improvements in work materials and processes, to support the other departments and teams of the organization in their day-to-day work and to create or be involved in various external and internal projects, both independently and in close cooperation with the General Counsel. In short, compliance and legal aspects shall be an integrated part of all our business, and you contribute to that agenda both in the operational work and on a more strategic level.
We are a hands-on type of company, and that includes the legal department. That means you need to be able to get things done, to prioritize between many different tasks and to switch between high-level strategy and low-level implementation in the blink of an eye. Because we are highly autonomous, you need to be driven, ambitious, and pay attention to details – quality in what we do is key.
With MilDef being a listed company that continuously seeks high-potential acquisitions to strengthen the company, you will also be involved in acquisition projects with responsibility for due diligence work and related contracts. Also, MilDef is a relatively small company compared to most we do business with, which means you often engage with significantly larger legal teams from customers and partners, and you find that to be an interesting challenge.
- Contract writing, review and negotiations with customers, partners, and suppliers, regarding legal components in business contracts.
- Increase the awareness of legal issues and protect our legal position through early legal involvement and advice to the organization and individual colleagues.
- Support with legal corporate tasks such as the coordination of, preparation for, reporting at and keeping minutes of board meetings and shareholder meetings.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with a global perspective.
- Monitor and protect our IP portfolio.
- Acquisition work, including due diligence and related contracts.
- Handling legal disputes.
- Support with IPR compliance (license agreements, open source matters, EULA etc.).
- Continuously create, collect and systematize legal templates and best practice.
- Responsibility for the organization's data privacy compliance.
- Sounding board and back up to the general counsel in all legal matters, such as export control, whistle blowing, ethical considerations, strategic legal projects etc.
- Who you are
The following list describes competence and experience that is relevant and necessary to succeed in the role.
- A Swedish university master's degree in law
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a top tier business law firm or as in-house legal counsel
- Extensive experience from working with contracts and agreements
- A pragmatic and business-oriented mindset
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience from working in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in Swedish and English
- A proactive and a structured approach
- High level of service
- Precise and independent
What you become a part of
MilDef serves a global market with world-leading tactical IT solutions. We digitalize the world, specifically where the stakes are the highest, the requirements are the toughest, and when technology has game-changing potential.
Our ambition is to be the most innovative and flexible player in the industry, with a combination of high-performance products, outstanding customer service, extensive experience across many engineering disciplines, and a corporate spirit based on honesty and integrity.
At MilDef we are always looking for passionate, smart and committed employees who can add a new dimension to our future journey. We offer an interesting role in an international company that is under substantial development!
We strive for a balanced age and gender spread as well as an ethnic and cultural diversity.
The role is full time with location in Helsingborg and with a start date as soon as possible.
We apply a continuous selection and therefore welcome your application as soon as possible, however, no later than 2021-10-31.
For further information, please contact Karin Svalander, General Counsel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We kindly but firmly decline direct contact from staffing and recruitment companies as well as sellers of additional job advertisements.