As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutionsin all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Bruker Nordic AB has an opening for a Field Application Scientist located in Scandinavia, preferably in Copenhagen, southern Sweden or Stockholm.
The successful candidate will provide on-site applications support for proteomics LC-MS customers, primarily in the Nordic and Baltic Countries, to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction. The primary application will be proteomics. The role includes support for the complete integration of the LC and MS systems, and training to ensure that the customer can successfully utilize the system for the desired application.
- Following the initial installation of a new LC-MS system, provide on-site training, and demonstrate the complete solution for the customer’s application(s).Pro-actively follow up with customers to ensure customer's satisfaction.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products and software tools. Communicate regularly with the factory and regional applications team toobtaintimelyinformation on new products, software and applications.
- Provide the necessary technical information during customer training courses to give the best possible customer support.
- Liaise with the local and central ServiceTeam for customer support issues, ensuring the completion of customer application-related inquiries.
- Support the commercial Sales Team with advanced technical information and presentations on-site or remotely to support sales cases.
- Regular travel to the German demo lab (Bremen) for training updates and to support pre-sales applications and demo work.
- Assist in the preparation of new LC-MS training materials and collateral.
- Utilize phone & video conference tools to provide remote technical assistance for questions relating to the LC-MS connectivity and to provide support regarding specific methods and workflows.
Education and/or Experience:
- Aminimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years’ experience and a Master’s degree; or 3 years’’ experience and a PhD
- Mass spectrometry, nanoLC, proteomics analysis experience
- Experience in method development and method validation is highly desirable
- Experience in high resolution mass spectrometry (e.g. QTOF and/or Orbitrap) is highly desirable
- Degree in biochemistry/biology/life science/analytical science/chemistry
- Experience with Bruker software products highly desirable
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with common proteomics software processing platforms highly desirable
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory and fluent in Scandinavian language is a plus.
- Ability to interact with customers and in-house staff, with varying levels of knowledge and technical expertise
- Ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing commercial environment
- Self-motivation, anda willingness to work with others toward a shared goal in a sales-driven organization
- Willingnessto travel (with a significant number of overnight stays), as frequent travel is required