Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Marketing Manager, Nordics
This position will play a critical role in driving Fastly’s continued expansion into the Nordic region (Sweden, Denmark, Norway & Finland). In this role, you will be part of Fastly’s EMEA Field Marketing team and partner closely with Sales, Product Marketing, as well as Corporate Marketing teams to create thoughtful, tailored, and engaging marketing programs to increase engagement to grow revenue by driving pipeline for Sales and building brand awareness in key markets. We’re looking for a passionate, creative, curious self-starter who is well-versed across marketing crafts including campaign management, events, digital marketing, and PR. The ideal candidate excels at building relationships and driving alignment with Sales partners, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You'll Do
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to create quarterly and annual integrated marketing plans for target regions and verticals across marketing channels
- Partner with Sales and Marketing counterparts to develop and execute on account engagement strategy to generate new business pipeline and accelerate existing opportunities
- Partner with the Global Communications team to plan press relations in region
- Plan and execute on virtual and onsite events in regions of focus, including trade shows, customer round tables, meetups, webinars, virtual conferences and other innovative online formats
- Proactively engage with the Sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities; including upcoming initiatives both regional
- Evaluate, select, and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs, including event vendors, local media publishers and agencies
- Manage day-to-day requirements and deadlines, including working with stakeholders, to ensure marketing programs are executed with a high degree of quality
- Monitor and report out on results of local marketing campaigns
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing for a SAAS, or Software company across the Nordic Region
- Experience in a high-tech B2B demand generation or field marketing role preferred
- Fluency in Swedish on the level of a native speaker, spoken as well as in writing
- Good knowledge about and experience in working with the relevant Tech Media and B2B Marketing channels in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland
- Excellent communicator with a passion for forging relationships
- Strong track record of proven ability to build and execute plans, get buy in from stakeholders and communicate status and results
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to jump in and fill gaps
- Willingness to work with remote teams in asynchronous ways
- Experience building, launching, and reporting on ROI of campaigns
- Experience managing vendors and coordinating deliverables with internal and external teams
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Familiarity with the enterprise sales cycle for highly technical products
This is a remote/ home based position.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.